Wednesday 16 October 2013

The Good and The Bad

Hey There,


The Good and the Bad Hair days that is, everybody has them and I am no exception. I personally find my hair very frustrating, my hair is dry, long, blond, thick but finely textured and naturally curly; what does that mean for someone like me? My hair most days is "crunchy", straw like, heavy, knotted staticy and frizzy; but that doesn't mean that I don't have ways of working around these issues.

Product:

Using a variety of products can help, starting with your shampoo and conditioner, to the heat protection products, to styling products can really help how your hair looks on any given day.


Shampoo & Conditioner:

I think that it's important to change shampoos and conditioners periodically otherwise it can build up on your hair, I tend to use a moisturising or a blond shampoo/ conditioner set, as they tend to work best on my type of hair the last two shampoo's that I've used were Paul Mitchell Moisturising and Matrix Blond.




Leave In Conditioner:

Is a mainstay in my hair care repertoire, because of the nature of my hair, being dry naturally I am required at least once a week to do a leave in conditioner treatment, and there are many different kinds, thankfully a little goes a long way as they can be quite expensive. I like the Moroccan Oil leave in conditioner.



 
 
 
Heat Products:
 
 
Creams:
 
Creams are great to add a little bit of smoothness and shine to hair, I like Alterna Bamboo Silk Sleek Brilliance Cream, because you can use it in wet hair to add smoothness and in dry hair to return a bit of sheen. 
 
Oils:
 

Oils can be iffy for some people, and a lot of people are really into Argan Oil these days as a sort of hair miracle, I don't believe that it is, but I do think oil treatments are good for your hair and scalp, my personal favourite is the Renewing Moroccan Oil, it's inexpensive and can be found readily at most drugstores.
 
 
 
Styling Products:
Gels:
 
Gels and long hair do not go together, unless it's a curling gel which I would apply before letting my hair air dry to get a more defined curl, but usually I don't bother with these.
 
 
Mousse:
 
Mousses are best applied to wet hair from the roots down, I like sort of making a hair cocktail by first applying mousse, then the argan oil and then finally the bamboo cream and this really helps reduce the amount of frizz. Herbal Essences makes a really nice mousse for their curl line.
Hairspray:
Hairspray is an integral part of any hairstyle I find, and the best hairspray that I have found, I cannot take credit for it was recommended by Emily from Beauty Broadcast is the Tresemme Tres Two Hairspray this will set your hair and just lock it in place but won't leave it crunchy.

 
 
Hairstyles:
 
However, these products don't always work straight away, so I like to keep a couple of easy but stylish hairstyles in my back pocket, whether it's a simple braid or an artistic bun it always helps to have a hairstyle that looks tidy and stylish.
 
 
 
And If All Else Fails...
 
 
You can just about always where a hat!
 
 
If you have any suggestions of great hairstyles products or comments in general, just leave me a comment and I'll do my best to answer you.
 
 
 
The Makeup Breakup

No comments:

Post a Comment