Tuesday 10 September 2013

Are you calling me "Too Faced"?

Hello All,



I know recently I haven't been posting lately I've been really busy, and I'm really going to be trying to make up for that.


Anyways, I realize that the title of this post might be a little misleading, this is actually a review on two Too Faced products. One is Better Than False Lashes and the second is Better Than Sex mascara. Both claim to be volumizing mascaras, with different means and different forms of application.


Too Faced Better Than False Lashes:

 
 
The Better Than False Lashes mascara claims on their packaging that with this two product or three step process. Basically you get two products, the longer tube is your primer and mascara in one,
 
 
 and the second smaller tube are the nylon lash fibers.
 
 
 What the instructions say that you are supposed to do is apply the primer/mascara first then apply the fibers and then reapply the mascara. The problem with this is that you end up tainting both the nylon fibers and the mascara, resulting in the fibers clumping on the lashes, to combat this (as I was already aware of this problem) Instead of using the mascara as my primer I substituted that step out with a different primer Lancome's Clis Booster XL.
 
 
 The claims however are the real test of the product. They claim of their test group:

  • 98% saw longer lashes, I do find this claim true, my lashes definatly did look longer.
  • That there was an over all 42% increase in lash length, I thought my lashes looked a little longer, but I did not notice the addition of that much length.
  • 98% increase in volume, I think that this is a little bit misleading I found that the lashes looked thicker at the base, but not all the way up the lash.
  • 90% saw thicker lashes, over all there was a thickness to the lashes, but was not as effective as other volumizing mascaras.
 
The mascara wands are fairly staright forward with the mascara having a slight hourglass shape and the nylon fibers having very little in terms of brush shape.
 
 
 
 


Also I would like to mention that this mascara I find does not work aswell when you curl your lashes before using.


Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara:

 
 
This mascara promises more than the Better Than False Lashes mascara, but with only one product.The formula is slightly wet, which normally I find to result in clumping, but for some reason this does not clump.
 
 
As for some of their claims:
 
  • 1944% more volume, again I don't actually know if I saw quite that much volume, but I definatly noticed more volume with this mascara than the Better Than False Lashes.
  • 93% of the test pool saw base-to-tip cur...Only if you use a lash curler. Mascaras that claim curl actually frustrate me, and don't get me wrong, I test all my mascaras both with and without curling my lashes to get an acurate test, and any and all of the "curling" mascaras I have tried, DO NOT CURL.
  • 100% saw dramatic volume, I don't know if dramatic is the right word, but there was fantastic volume.
  • 100% saw longer lashes, this really goes hand in hand with the volume with this mascara
  • 90% saw a dramatic look with one coat, again I don't know about dramatic but it was very impressive.
The mascara wand itself is far more hourglass shaped than gthe Better Than False Lashes mascara, and this may be why the more liquid formula doesn't clump so much.
 
 
 
That being said IF you were considering buying only one of these mascaras, I would have to pick the Better Than Sex mascara.
 
Check out video review here:
 
 
 
 
 
And a tutorial with The Better Than False Lashes Mascara:
 
 
 
 

 
 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment