Tuesday 4 June 2013

Wet & What?

Hey Everybody,


So I think that a lot of people have been wondering about some drugstore products, as lately I've been mostly talking about higher end products or products that have to be ordered online. I know that these aren't necessarily the easiest beauty products to obtain, as you may live in a smaller town or you don't have a payment method to have these products shipped to you.

One drugstore product that I cannot live with out is defiantly Wet & Wild eyeshadows. These are hands down my favourite shadows ever. Super pigmented, soft, blendable shadows that prove that you don't have to spend alot of money in order to get amazing products. Here I've swatched Spoiled Brat and I'm Feeling Retro just to show you.



The first time I tried Wet & Wild shadows I was unsure how good they were going to be as they were very inexpensive and I hadn't heard of them before, but being on a starving student's budget I thought that at the price it couldn't hurt. I was AMAZED as soon as I was able I had to go back and buy more.
In order to get the best value I would defiantly say to get the trios or the pallet depending on how easy or complicated you like to have your makeup.

Some of my favourite trios are: Sweet as Candy, Silent Treatment & Walking on Eggshells


Sweet as Candy and Walking on Eggshells are very similar in colour choice, except that the brow in the Sweet as Candy and the pink are a bit darker, however, both give just a great neutral eye. Sometimes with either trio I will just apply the top shadow marked "Browbone" all over my eye, from lid to brow and then take the crease colour and apply directly to the crease, for a simple, retro almost 1940's look. Silent Treatment gives a great almost smokey eye with the taupe eyelid shade dark brown crease that has some glitter, not overly noticeable when applied but does lend a shimmer to the shadow, and a light pink browbone highlight.

Some more fun trios: I'm Feeling Retro, Spoiled Brat & Don't Steal my Thunder


Some days you feel fun and adventurous and Wet & Wild makes trios for those days as well. I'm Feeling Retro, defiantly makes me feel retro, to be honest I think that the feel that they were trying to attain with this trio was for the 1980's, however I can definitively say that the colours are far more 1960's, which I personally love. Spoiled Brat has a really dramatic colour pallet a hot pink eyelid a glittery black crease and stunning sliver highlight make it a really fun different. Don't Steal My Thunder is the epitome of a smokey eye a slightly less metallic silver than the one in Spoiled Brat, a frosted black for the crease and a matte white highlight.

The eight pallets allow for even more freedom with your eyeshadow, because you can mix and match any shades you want.

Three really great ones are: Blue Had Me at Hello, Petal Pusher & Comfort Zone

 
 
Blue Had Me at Hello, has a good selection of matte shimmer and glitter, as well as balance of colour, a big pet peeve of mine are eyeshadow pallets that don't have at least a couple of neutral colour to ground the whole pallet whether it be black, brown, white, navy or plum, Wet & Wild has great balance. The pallet has a fantastic shimmery white, two great navys a silver, an amazing teal a light silver and two blacks one matte one glittery, the whole pallet is great if there only one reason for you to get this pallet it is the matte black, it is the blackest black you can get. I have tried so many black eyeshadows this is the best I have found.


Petal Pusher is pretty much all purples and plums, on the right side of the pallet the plums some matte some glittery, as well as a fantastic gunmetally charcoal, with glitter fantastic to get a great plum smokey eye. On the left side of the pallet the purples a beautiful matte white highlight all the way down to fantastic blue purple. If your afraid or unsure of colour this is a great place to start, plums are super flattering for everyone.


Comfort Zone is a nice neutral pallet a great place to start any makeup collection, everything here from a taupe's and great browns, a pale spring green adds interest, however, probably my most favourite shade in the whole pallet is the lower right definer a dark copper brown, that has a blue iridescence to it, makes it so amazing. The only shadow I don't care for in this whole pallet is the left browbone highlight its chalky and not overly pigmented.

If you are looking for Wet & Wild shadows there used to be two places that I know of that you could buy them, one used to be at Zeller's which if you are Canadian, you know is impossible, the other place where I know you can still get them is at Walmart, trios are roughly 2.99$ Canadian and eight pallets are about 3.99$ Canadian.



On a side note as of next week I will be doing Vlog Reviews on Tuesdays and tutorials on either Thursdays or Fridays. Check out my latest Review on Bobbi Browns book Beauty Rules here:



The Makeup Breakup

No comments:

Post a Comment