Wednesday 19 June 2013

Stain Alive!




Hey everyone,


I'm having a few issues right now with my camera, and my laptop right now ans that is why I have  as of yet been unable to post any pictures or videos, I'm really sorry about that, but I'm hoping to have it fixed soon.


Last week on one of my weekly trips to my local Sephora I finally decided to try a product I've been a little leery of, Lip and Cheek stains.

I'm sure that there are a lot of you who are in the same place that I was before, completely put off by the word "stain". I have to say that although you have to be careful about how you apply stains and not applying them too often then they will become permanent.

I decided to try out the Benefit Lip and Cheek stains, as I had heard they were the best (and there were sample sets of them), and they are both extremely easy to use and they look amazing.

Benetint:
 
The Original Benefit Lip and Cheek Stain a deep red rose colour, applies very sheer so for more noticeable colour you may have to apply more than once. One major downfall to the Benetint is that it is scented, and not in a nice vanilla or soft floral scent. It smells like you broke a bottle of your grandmothers favourite perfume.
 
Posie Tint:
 
Posie Tint is a very light almost baby pink it has a creamy formula as opposed to the liquid Benetint. It is far more pigmented and is unscented overall a great choice if your just trying them out for the first time.
 
 
Cha Cha Tint:
 
Cha Cha Tint is an orange coral great for a nice warm glow, apply directly to the apples of your cheeks after your tinted moisturiser and your powder, and you need nothing else. Again it is a creamy style formula and is also unscented.


A couple of things to note, when applying as a cheek stain only apply to one cheek at a time. If left for more than a few seconds it will stain in the shape that you have applied with the brush. Also the lip stains are not flavoured, like a lip gloss, as a matter of fact they taste terrible, in order to avoid this apply your stain to your lips and rub it onto your lips continue to work the stain into your lips until it drys, and any nasty taste will be avoided.


So if there is one thing I can say, DON'T FEAR THE STAIN, unless you apply it to your bare skin everyday, it really isn't permanent.


Like I said hopefully I'll get the issues worked out with my camera soon, and I am really looking forward to some tutorials for you guys, as a sneak peek I will actually be starting with a four part series called "Makeup of the Ancient World". So tune in for that.


The Makeup Breakup
 

No comments:

Post a Comment