Tuesday 11 June 2013

Travelin' Light

Hey Everybody,




Just recently I went on a trip and naturally I wanted to take some makeup with me, but when your travelling, How much makeup do you take with you? What should you take? and Do you take brushes or not? Are probably some of the most difficult questions related to makeup and travel.

The First Question: How much makeup do you take with you?

The amount of makeup you take with you should be directly proportionate to the length of your trip, if your going for one or two days you don't need as many products as you would if you were going for a whole week. Remember though Pack Light.

Question Number Two: What should you take with you?

Regardless of if your going on a two day trip or a two week vacation, try to only pack your basics first, then add your frills, it doesn't do any good if you fill up your makeup case with eyeshadows and don't leave any room for your face products. While I do love foundation, when I travel I do prefer to take a tinted moisturiser, they usually come in smaller tubes, and having an added SPF helps with all the time you"ll hopefully be spending in the sun. Also if you've ever recieved a sample product before like a tube of lip gloss or mascara this is the perfect place to use them (just make sure you like the formula first), however, most liquid and pencil liners are already perfectly sized for travel are they are fairly small and slim.

The Final: Do you take brushes or not?

If your taking a short trip take maybe only one or two travel sized brushes that you may really need like a powder brush or a lip brush. If your taking a longer vacation, taking a small brush roll is probaly a good idea, some makeup bags even have small sections to store brushes.

Here are the products and tools I took on my recent trip, and a few alternate suggestions:

  
 
 
Also I go a little more in depth in my video review:
 
 
 
 
The Makeup Breakup

No comments:

Post a Comment