Tuesday 28 May 2013

Makeup Forever Pro Finish

Hey Everyone,


I know everybody has a different kind of foundation that they like, I personally LOVE my Makeup Forever HD Foundation, I know other people who prefer other kinds, one of the foundation types that has confused me over the years is powder foundation.



Powder foundation is just that it is usually a pressed powder product that when applied dry gives the coverage of a foundation or in some cases turns into a "liquid" when manipulated on the skin. They are supposed to be a more sheer style product.


In the last month and a half everytime that I have stopped at Sephora I have recieved sampler of the new Makeup Forever Pro Finish Powder Foundation (Once I was given a sampler that was too dark). To be honest with you the samples didn't have enough product to give an acurate feel for the product so I went and I bought the actual product. So after a few weeks of testing, I feel I have an informed opinion of it.

Acording to the packaging it is strongly suggested that it be applied wet, which I find to be a little silly considering it is a powder product, if you wanted it wet wouldn't you want liquid foundation?
Not only that I found that I don't really like the way it applies when wet anyways, it sort of looks a little streaky and very unnatural looking.

My personal favorite way of applying it is dry over my liquid foundation it gives a little fuller coverage and a little more matte. The other way I really think that this product would shine as it is not a full coverage product would be applied lightly over a tinted moisturizer, as I find the pigmentation in most of them to be nonexistent.

There is one thing that I think really really failed at, they did not colour match the product. This means that their Pro Finish does not match up to the HD liquid foundation, so if you shade for The HD is 110 the lightest shade, the Pro Finish shade in 110 which is their lightest is much darker than the HD. Not only that but the strange numbering system does not help if you wear 125 in HD the matching shade is either 113 or 114. This I think makes it a little frustrating and so if you do decide to purchase this product (which I would advise) I would recomend you try it out first to find your shade.

And check out the new Makeup Breakup Youtube channel here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUITnUa4jK0


The Makeup Breakup


No comments:

Post a Comment