Tuesday 14 May 2013

Coastal Scents!!!

Hey Everyone,


So this past week I finaly got something that I have been dying to try since I was told about it, I finally got a Coastal Scents Pallet. Actually thats not entirely true I actually ended up getting three pallets as a set, the Elite Brush set and some glitters.

Elite Brush Set:


I have fallen in love with this brush set. Normally I don't like synthetic brushes, I find them stiff, irritating on my skin and that they tend to leave streaks. These are not at all like any synthetic brushes I have ever tried, To be very frank they actually feel like real hair brushes. I would Highly recomend these brushes to anyone. Also Right now they are on sale so if you want a set I would snatch a set up right now at 69.95$ you can't go wrong when the set is normally is 109.95$ and I've payed as much for brush sets much smaller and not nearly as good as this one.

 
 
Also Five of the brushes come with brush shapers: The buffer brush,The flat face brush, the fluffy face brush, angled face brush and the fan brush. All brushes have sustainable bamboo handles and come in a leatherette carrying case.
 
The 252 Pallet:
 
 
 
When I decided to get a Coastal Scents pallet I was unsure as to which one I should get, but then I saw the 252 pallet, is sort of a combination of all the pallets, while it doesn't have all the colours that they stock it has such a variety I don't think any one would mind. I actually think of it really as three separate pallets in one box each having something a little different.
 
Warm (Left Pallet):
 
This pallet consists of mostly reds, pinks, yellows, warm browns and oranges, super pigmented as all Coastal Scents eyeshadows are this is probably the pallet that I'm drawn to most right now as its fairly warm outside and I like to reflect that in my makeup.
 
 
Cool (Center):
 
Blues, greens and cool browns make this pallet really fun, these colours can seem really intimidating at first but with so many colours in one pallet it can easily be toned down or amplified, besides makeup is a great medium to work with anyways, if you don't like it you can just wash it off.
 

 
Rainbow Pallet (Right Pallet):
 
This Pallet is sort of more a collection of rain bow colours. With mostly just left over colours I don't think this is my favorite pallet seeing as the previous two pallets were put together much better. I personally believe there should be more purples and metallics in this pallet ti sort of give you a more complete experience.
 
 
Like I said all of these eyeshadows are super pigmented, and can be used either wet or dry comes with a black plastic storage case and plastic separators. And, considering how many eyeshadows you get in this pallet the price of  24.95$ is pretty easy to bare.
 
Glitters:
 
I had to get some of the glitters that they had on the site, while I don't personally use glitter very often as I find the potential for fallout to be quite high i.e. GLITTER IS THE HERPES OF THE CRAFT WORLD!!! (sorry I just had to mention that.) I don't fing myself running to add it to my everyday makeup, also it can sometimes cheapen you look, however, sometimes a little glitter doesn't hurt.
 
 
 
I decieded to get six different glitters to get an acurate test on their glitters. The six I got were
 
Mermaid Mist (Light tealy blue. With large flake glitter)
Gold Medallion (Pure Gold Colour with more of a multicoloured glitter)
Rubby Slipper (Perfect Red Glitter)
Razzel Dazzel ( Lavender Glitter, site misleading it appeared to be darker)
Electric Pink(Bright Hot Pink with matching glitter)
Bejeweled (Fantastic jewel toned Teal)
 
 
This Glitters go on very, very smooth, over all while not a product that I find myself needing (or wanting all the time) I would definatly repurchase these glitters again. And at 4.95$ for 1.5mL worht of  product they are a total steal.
 
And finally, I'm not sure if these are sent out with all orders as a free gift with purchase or only over a certain amount, but with my order I was also scent a small "quad sampler" of eyeshadow and a compact eyelash curler.
 
 
Ice Ballet (Lavender), Peachy Keen (Coral Peach), Bombay (Light Gray) and Raisin Berry (Burgundy Plum). All of the colours in this "quad" are found in the 252 pallet Ice Ballet and Peachy Keen are in The Rainbow Pallet, while Bombay and raisin Berry can be found in the warm pallet.
 
Also I love that they have a litte compact Eyelash curler, however mine is not very good, when the lever is compressed the cassing pops apart and the armiture that crimps the lashes pops out. If mine was a little better made I think this would be an essential part of my on the go kit.
 
I hope you guys enjoyed all the Coastal Scents and maybe you guys saw something you like, also if you decide to get anything, or have other Coastal Scents Products you think I should try leave a comment.
 
The Makeup Breakup
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment